Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The January blahs…

So how's everyone doing?

I can't complain - oh who am I kidding  - of COURSE I can!!

There is good news – let’s start with that!  I ran 11 miles on Sunday and another 6 yesterday and my Achilles feels great.  Now treadmill miles are definitely easier on the body, but still.... I am still faithfully stretching, foam rolling and using the electrical stimulation machine every night.  It’s gotten tiresome, but knowing that it’s working is fantastic!

And food wise? I'm right on track.  I have had temptations, but have been able to decently shrug them off.  In fact I was given a late Xmas gift yesterday which was a box of cocoa dusted truffles.  I had virtually no temptation to open the box.  Fat Jen attempted to wrestle Thin Jen to the ground and eat the whole box, but I calmly and patiently placed the box in a "safe" place and told Fat Jen that there would be a time in the future where we could have some of these truffles.  She retreated quite nicely.

What's not cool is the scale.  He has thrown his head back, given an evil laugh and has REFUSED to reward my good behavior. Asshole!

And then there's the weather - I know many of you are experiencing it, too.  Miserably, bitterly cold.  And guess what?  For the bonus round we are getting POUNDED with lake effect.  I had to drive at a crawl on the way home tonight. 

I don't know about you guys but it is not easy to get motivated in this weather.

None of this will last forever - I know this intellectually. But add all of this to stressing out about Marc's dad (operation next week) and the unrelenting dark skies...  I am doing my damnedest to maintain a positive outlook.  But January - oh how I despise thee!!!

blah

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing a great job of fighting the blahs! You are not alone. Hang in,

    ReplyDelete