Thursday, January 22, 2015

All the small thing…

If you made a New Year's Resolution to lose weight and exercise, then, statistically anyway, there is a 73% chance - 3 weeks into January - that you have given it up.

As I talked about, resolutions often fail because people, frankly, aim too high.

Today I want to talk about the little things.  Because just like the "little bites" that have been killing me, little things really do add up!

Last night I didn't feel like I had exercised enough that day.  So I pulled out my aerobic stepper.  And while we watched The Mentalist, instead of sitting on my ever spreading ass on the couch, I stepped.  I didn't go balls to the wall sweating my ass off heart racing!  Nope - at what I would call a casual walking pace - I stepped up and down for an hour.  Lost in the program, it didn't even feel like exercise, but I was moving and burning calories.

Those are the type of little changes that can really add up.  When you go out to eat, order the salad dressing on the side and aim not to use all of it.  Substitute dry seasonings for sauces.  Park a few spaces further down at Walmart.

Make a point to get up and walk around the office every hour for just a minute.  Take a handful of pretzels with you into the other room instead of carrying the bag with you so if you want more you have to think about it and walk back.

Drink an extra glass of water a day.  Eat less red meat.  Try vegetables you've never tried before.

Do 10 jumping jacks while waiting for the shower to warm up.

All of these small, seeming insignificant changes can make a huge difference!

What small things have you discovered??

arthurconandoyle154359

No comments:

Post a Comment