Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cheating...

In addiction recovery, they say that the true test of person's recovery is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Next week is the Superbowl, and unless you've been living under rock, you know all about the deflated ball scandal (#deflategate).  It makes me so disgusted that the scumbag Patriots obviously cheated.

It has ruined the Superbowl for me.  Marc is not a football fan, but he always joins me in front of the tv and uses his laptop and watches the commercials.  I look forward to it every year, but this year?  I don't even know if I want to watch.

The only game I play on Facebook it Words With Friends, and it's so obvious when people use cheater software - what' the point??  I mean there's not even money at stake!!

And then today I was running on the treadmill and I found myself just sick of it at 12 miles.  My goal was 13.  The thought actually crossed my tiny brain to quit and that I would tell everyone I had done 13.  Who would know, right?

How stupid is that?  No one is forcing me to run.  No one is monitoring my miles except me!  And the thought of cheating still crossed my mind!  

I kept running and did a full 1/2 marathon of 13.1 miles.  

I could have cheated - as I always can with food and exercise.

But the only one I would kidding is myself.  And integrity?  It matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment