Remember chicken divan? Traditionally made with tons of high fat mayonnaise and sour cream? But the base – chicken and broccoli is so good, and when I saw this healthier recipe for an old favorite, I decided to give it a try!
- 1 pound chopped broccoli florets
- 1 pound chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheese
- 1/8 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees
- Bring to a boil a large saucepan with the broccoli in it. Boil for 5 minutes, and then drain
- Cook the cubed chicken, flavoring with whatever spices you would like (I used McCormick’s Mesquite flavor)
- Mix the soup and milk together
- In a 9 inch pie plate place the broccoli, then the chicken and pour the soup evenly over it
- Spread the cheese over it
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs
- Bake for 15 minutes
And that’s it, easy and delish!