- 1 pineapple
- 2 pound chicken breast (or pork or beef)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/4 cup Almonds or Pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- Cut meat into bite sized pieces and place them in a bowl. Pour 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce over them and make sure all meat is coated. Marinate for as long as you can – preferably several hours.
- Cut carrots into pieces and place in steamer for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Using a sharp knife, cut pineapple in half lengthwise. Remove the fruit (flesh) using a paring knife and a spoon. This is easy if you cut the insides of the pineapple like a cake and the spoon will easily scoop out the pineapple in chunks. Place pineapple in bowl. Add the juice of 1/2 lime and salt and stir.
- In large saucepan, pour in meat and teriyaki sauce and cook over medium high heat until cooked through. Add carrots.
- Toast the chopped Almonds or pecans and the coconut.
- Once the carrots are warmed through add the pineapple mixture and cook just until warm.
- Place rice at the bottom of the pineapple “bowl”. Add chicken mixture on top of rice.
- Top with chopped almonds and coconut flakes and serve.