Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What a great day!!

Today was an awesome day!  I met with the doctor for my 2 weeks appointment and got my last drain taken out.  I am - by far - exceeding all his expectations on my recovery.  He is actually amazed at how well I am doing.  The tape was all peeled off my incision and I am so pleased with how it looks.  I've been on many sites and have seen the butcher job that some plastic surgeons do on people - jagged, uneven cuts - this looks amazing.  I am covered back up with tape for another week but will take some pics of the incision when the tape comes off.

Because I am doing so well, he said that I can begin exercising again in 2 weeks.  That includes running and even weight lifting.  I can't do any core/ab work - so no crunches, yoga or any weights that use the core (like deadlifts) but normal exercise.  That is 2-4 weeks ahead of schedule!  He did say that even though I'll be free of the compression garment by then that he recommends that I use it when exercising.  It's just an added layer of precaution.  Also, he must have told me "don't overdo it!" about 10 times.  I guess he continues to worry that I'm going to do too much because I feel so good.

I have to see him again 1 month from now and he expects to completely release me to do anything I did pre-surgery, but we'll see how I'm doing 1 month from now!

Here he is - Dr. Dean DeRoberts, who I am SO, SO, SO happy I chose for this surgery.  I asked if I could take his picture and he seemed a little weirded out by that at first, but then was fine with it.  Per his suggestion we took the pic in his operating room because that's where I was "re-born".  Probably though, he just wants to show it off!!  Oh, and did I ever mention - he is exactly 1 day younger then me!!!


'

Afterwards, we hit the mall and some other stores and I bought a few things.  I am now in a size SMALL, yes, I said small, for almost everything.  My pants size appears to be a 4.  It is just unreal for me.  

Before and after pics tomorrow - I promise!!

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute and beaming! So happy for your news I know that will make you happy to get moving and keep that beautiful body you've earned!
    Deva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You look wonderful. You have worked so hard for this and you deserve it.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally awesome! I am as happy with your rebirth and I was at your first birth.

    ReplyDelete