Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Totally gratuitous pics!

Today I had Marc take a pic of me before I left for work.  The purpose of the pic was to show myself wearing the sweater that she got me for Xmas.  

Marc sent me an e-mail of the pic and it said something to the effect that I looked really good.  So I was excited to open the e-mail.  Here is the pic:


And when I saw it, I was really disappointed.  I didn't think I looked that good - although I didn't think I looked terrible.  

And then later today I did an intense workout at lunch.  And I was dripping with sweat and I thought that I could almost see a tiny bit of abs sticking out.  So I took a pic:


And when I saw how the pic turned out, all I could focus on was the huge drippy extra skin on my thighs and I couldn't see any ab definition at all.  

So I guess in many ways I always take 2 steps forward and 1 step back when it comes to self-acceptance.  

1 comment:

  1. You look great !! Please accept this as a compliment ! You are way to hard on your self. I'm going to be 60 and I still very critical of myself. I've wasted a lot of time on negative thoughts. It's a very bad habit. This winter has been so hard to stay on track. Best of luck to you and me in our in our goal to relax some.

    PS. I could see the ab definition , but failed to see the extra skin on your thighs

    ReplyDelete