Sunday, January 26, 2014

A return to serenity.

I'm happy to report that I feel more serenity and peace of mind since well before Christmas.  It feels good to be back in control of my own faculties.

 A return to control over my eating has happened as I commited to last week.  I didn't go to any great extremes, but I did drop my calories lower and cut out most snacking.  Fortunately that has apparently paid off.  For the last 2 days I've weighed in at 119.  

 I ran this morning but cut the run a couple miles shorter than planned.  The treadmill is just WEARING on me.  I was mad at myself for this but not panicky guilty like I have been in the past.  So my goal to be a little gentler to myself appears to be working as well.

 Of course I did do a long yoga DVD late this afternoon - so I didn't let myself totally off the hook.

 So as the first month of 2014 closes out this week, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the rest of the year. 

How about the rest of you?  Are you hanging in there?  Are you getting fatigued by this lifestyle change?

 This is the perfect time to renew your goals.  What's working and what isn't?  How do you get your enthusiasm back?  What changes do you need to make to keep your dreams alive and kicking.

Remember, it's hard.  It can be exhausting.  But it is SO worth it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment