Sunday, January 12, 2014

Million Dollar Baby...

That's the movie that I watched while running on the treadmill this morning.  I had seen it before, when it first came out, but I watched it from a different perspective as I ran.  I checked out Hilary Swank's muscles and envied her lean body.  Yeah, I know, not the point of the movie, right?

It worked out perfect - that movie was about 2 hours long so I was able (with a short break) to run 13 miles.  

You know what I realized this morning?  I'm okay.  I really am.  I am lucky.  I am in good health.  I can run 13 miles.  I weighed 120.1 when I got out of bed this morning.  After I ran 13 miles I jumped back on the scale for shits and giggles and weighed 116.6.  3.5 pounds difference.  Probably from losing water while running.

So what do I weigh?  The answer is - who cares?  

I wish I could hold tightly onto times like this - when the scale doesn't determine (in my mind) - my worth as a human being.  You know what's funny?  When I was fat, I used to get so upset with people that I knew were judging me for my weight.  I used to think "If they only knew there is so much more to me!  I'm funny, I'm smart, I'm compassionate!"  And now that most people I meet don't evaluate me by my weight, I do it to myself!!

Where are you guys in your journey - not physically, but mentally?  Are you mean to yourself?  If so, please stop!  I know, easier said then done.  But focus on the good things that you are doing in your life!  You know I love Tony Horton and as he says:




One more thing today.  I know they are hugely expensive and take up a ton of room.  But if you're in the market for a treadmill, check out Amazon.  They have their Proform treadmills on sale for their deal of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment