Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome newbies!!

I'm certainly not ignoring you that have been reading this blog right along, but with this being a new year, I know that there will be new people coming to read my blog and I'd like to welcome them.  And say the following:
 
Get excited, people!  Let me tell you newbies a little about me.  My name is Jennifer and I live in Northern NY with my husband Marc, our 2 Boxers and 10 cats.  If you had told me on January 1st, 2010 that I would be sitting here, on January 1, 2013 weighing in at 117 pounds, I would have said that you were NUTS!

You see, on January 1, 2010, I was 37 years old and weighed about 344 pounds.  My life was pretty good and while I knew I needed to lose weight, I was also highly in denial about how much my weight was a problem.  I also had myself CONVINCED that it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to lose weight unless one of 2 things happened:

1) I had gastric bypass surgery or
2) I won the lottery, could quit my job and hire a personal trainer and a chef.

As it turns out, neither of those were necessary.  What it took instead was me buckling down and making a commitment to a better life and to better health.  And over the course of 2.5 years, I (quite literally) worked my ass off and lost 228 pounds.

I want you to know something right off - I am just ME.  I am NOT incredibly special, or motivated, or talented.  I don't have any special training in nutrition or fitness.  I have done this all through trial and error and I have made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes.  Although some have referred to me as an "inspiration", I didn't set out to be one, and I don't see myself that way.

But I have learned some things during this journey, and if they are useful to you, that makes me happy!  So I'll continue to give tips and tricks and hope that it helps you.  

Now do me a favor - close your eyes and IMAGINE where you will be on January 1, 2014.  Go ahead, don't just phone this in - VISUALIZE yourself and where you want to be.  If I can do it, you can, too!!  Start today.  Right this minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment