Thursday, January 3, 2013

5 more minutes....

For me, as well as for many of you, I know, it was back to reality yesterday.  And as the movie told us, Reality BITES.  Wish I could say I was thrilled to return to work, but I wasn't.  And I even like my job LOL.

In my quest to become more organized I was relaxing last night and realized that every freaking morning, I'm running behind and need to RUN out of the house.  I'm not usually late, but I'm arriving just on time to work and it is causing me stress.

So I started thinking about how I could remedy this.  I wish I was a morning person!  I would love to be able to get up early every day and exercise and start the day off like that.  BUT I know that this is never going to happen.  I hate mornings and I also hate working out when my body is stiff.  AND, frankly, I really, really, really like sleeping. 

Then I realized - I don't have to be a morning person and I don't have to drastically change what I'm doing in order to get more organized and efficient.  Life is NOT an all or nothing proposition.  So I changed my alarm and got up exactly 6 minutes earlier this morning.  6 minutes may not seem like a lot, but when you're used to only running a few minutes behind, I was thinking that it might do the trick.  So this morning was good - I didn't feel a huge impact getting up just a few minutes earlier AND I was much less rushed and arrived at work with a few minutes to spare.  We'll see how this works when I work a full week next week. 

In other news, I made it through the holidays relatively unscathed and thought the worst was over. However, on New Year's Day, I cooked a chuck roast in the slow cooker and put in some dry onion soup mix which was really salty.

Yesterday the scale was WAY up which I tried to not let it stress me out. So I get home last night and my sister in law had brought us PLATES and PLATES of cookies, brownies, etc. I had only 1 chocolate chip cookie but shouldn't have eaten that and wanted more - WAY MORE.  Those stupid things taunted me all night! Scale still 5 pounds up today, and I get to work and get a late Xmas gift from a Judge I work with - a tall glass with the courthouse etched in it - FILLED with Hershey's kisses.  As if that weren't enough, I go back to fill up my water and, YOU GUESSED IT - tons of homemade cookies sitting on the table calling to me.

I don't know why but I want some SO SO SO bad.  I haven't indulged today - worked out HARD at lunch and had an orange instead of a cookie, but I'm feeling remarkably weak willed.  Send me some willpower vibes, would ya?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment