Thursday, January 31, 2013

A review of the month...

Ok, so let's review the month!  Remember back on January 1st?  Remember being SO motivated?  Remember saying "This is my year!  This is when it is finally going to happen!!"  Are you still there?  Or have you fallen off mentally?  Did you lose the amount this month that you wanted to?  Did you stick to your goals?

Whether the answer is yes or no, tomorrow starts a new month.  So if you have fallen apart, it's time to start back.  TOMORROW.  Not Monday after the Superbowl.  RIGHT FREAKING NOW.

So pull out that goal sheet or open that file and look at your goals.  Track how much weight you have lost.  Take some measurements.  No beating yourself up no matter what.  Tomorrow is a new day.  

Where do you stand on your goals?  Is it time to revise them?  Are you right on track?  What needs to be modified?  Tajke a look at that NOW so you can start tomorrow.

Here's where I stand:

  • Eating: I have pretty much gotten down to the weight I'm happy at.  However, I have not stablized my eating patterns.  Sometimes I don't eat enough during the day and I get home and am STARVING.  Which means I start snacking.  Now I snack on good things, like raisins.  BUT those calories can add up quick and I don't think it's a healthy pattern.  I need to consider eating a little more during the day, and then cutting back on dinner.
  • Exercise:  I'm pretty psyched about this!  I have exercised EVERY SINGLE DAY since January 1st! I've mixed it up from running, to DVD's, to weight lifting, to yoga!  And out of the 31 days, 27 of them I worked out twice totaling 90-120 minutes.  So I'd say I'm right on track with this!!  
  • Organization:  This remains an ongoing challenge, but I'd definitely doing better then I was last year.  So this goal remains in effect!
  • Doggie love:  I've been making a strong effort to be more involved and loving with my doggies.  They are spoiled incrediibly rotten, but an extra stroke here or there means so much to my boys!  I've been doing pretty well, but I think that I can improve.  Sometimes when I'm exhausted and just want to relax, them sticking their heads in my face with a toy - I tell them to go entertain themselves rather then engaging with them.  Must do better!
So, that's where I am on some of my goals.  I hope you are all ready to continue this journey and explore where you are.  I'd love to hear how you are doing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment