Saturday, January 12, 2013

Let's review the week!

I'm guessing a lot of you are like me and just completed your first full week back to a routine - including for many of us back to a full week of work - since the holidays.  So how did you do?  Take a minute today, review your goals and see how you did and what you might need to adjust or change.

 For me, here are some of my goals and how I did:
  • Exercise - I did really well this week.  From last Sunday until today, I walked or ran over 27 miles.  And I'm planning on walking several miles today.  I worked out twice every day with cardio and strength.  So I'm right on track here!
  • Food - I did really well.  Certainly not GREAT, but quite well.  No "naughty" foods and good portions.  The one mistake that I made, which I have made in the past, is not eating enough during the day, so when I get home I am STARVING and snack too much before dinner.  The snacks I chose were HEALTHY, like raisins, but I still ate too many.  I've been really frustrated with the scale this week and was determined to get it down.  I weighed in at 118.2 this morning, which is within my "you're good" zone, so I'm going to eat more during the day so I don't make this mistake next week.
  • Organization/Cleaning - I did pretty well with this, but it's MUCH harder to keep up when I am working 8 hours every day!!  But I did do a little every day, and should be able to take this weekend to catch up on things.  We'll see what I am able to do this weekend before deciding if I need to adjust my plan!
  • Being a better pet parent - I think I treat my animals really well.  They are my babies!  But there is always room for improvement, and sometimes when I am busy or stressed I don't take enough time to talk to them and pet them and play with them.  I definitely improved this week and will continue to try to get better!
So where do you stand on your goals?  You're not losing momentum are you?  If you got off track you can get back on, right this very second!

Hope everyone has a fun and healthy weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment