Monday, January 28, 2013

Choices

First off, thanks to everyone who has "liked" my Facebook page.  Now I just have to get you shy peeps to start POSTING there!  Come on!  Let's see some comments and some progress pictures!  If you read this blog and if you got on the page, it's probably because you like support - this is a community effort!

I'd like to talk today about choices.  Seems like a lot of people are down on themselves due to falling off plan or losing their commitment to a lifestyle change.  It's Monday and by the time we hit the end of the week it will be a new month, so let's take stock of where we are!

Life is a series of choices, and you don't HAVE to do anything.  You don't HAVE to eat healthy.  You don't HAVE to exercise.  You don't HAVE to lose weight.  I believe in person choice and responsibility.  You can do anything you want as long as you're willing to pay the consequences, good or bad!

So what CHOICE are you making today?  Every moment in time gives us the ability to change our personal course of history.  When you walk by the Girl Scout cookies at work today, stopping to have one or choosing to walk on by - either of those is a choice that will yield a result. 

What result do you want?  Are you making choices that will get you the result you seek?  Let's once again do some list making - are you keeping up with this?  Are you making your goal list and reviewing it to see where you are accomplishing something and where you are falling short?

If your answer to this is "no" then I ask "Why not?" 


2 comments:

  1. Well I am giving it all Ive got aand it is testing me. I am really haveing to suck it up and TRUST THE PROCESS! Tommarro I will hit two weeks of a plateu of which I have gained a pound! I have been haveing a 600 to 700 defecit per day not adding in exercise. I over estimate calories and track everything I eat. Just sayin...Hangin in there givin it my ALL Deva ..Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggg...plateaus SUCK! But yes, we both know from experience that if you are doing what you need to, it will drop - probably with a WHOOSH! Hang in there Gayle!

    ReplyDelete