Friday, January 18, 2013

9 months post op...

Today marks 9 months since I had my 360 abdominoplasty.  Overall I remain very happy with how everything turned out.  I thought that I would include some pics today to show what I look like 9 months post...

As a reminder, this was me before surgery - I had lost about 207 pounds at this point.   


This is me last night.  I have lost about 20 additional pounds since the surgery, but certainly the surgery is what gave me the flat look.  As you can see, my thighs are pretty bad.



Here are some close ups of the incision site.  To be honest, I really thought that the scar would have faded much more then this.  I wonder if it ever will.  And the stretch marks will never go away.




A close up of the belly button.  This is the only part that I remain unhappy about.  But it's not that horrible from a distance, and all things considered....



Finally, just thought I'd show off my arms a little.  As you can see I'm got some decent muscle definition.  There is DEFINTELY the "bat wing" thing going on from the extra skin, but it's not bad at all compared to what some people end up with. 


2 comments:

  1. You look phenomenal, Jen! It is a bummer you seem to scar drkly, I hope that fades for you a bit more. I hardly noticed your thighs in this set of pictures, though, and your arms are incredible. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Taryl! Yes, my body LOVES to scar. Not that big of a deal, really since you can barely see it even in a bikini, but is a large reminder to me every time I undress! You see nice arms - I see bat wings! But I'm working on self-acceptance!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete