Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ahhhh... the weekend!

Ok, so what do you guys plan to do on your weekends?  It's easy (well easier) to eat right and get into a routine during the week, but it becomes much more challenging on the weekends.  Some people choose to "cheat" 1 day out of the weekend, and that's their plan and it works for them.  I never did that.  If you want to do it, it's certainly okay, because, after all, it's your journey and your life.  However, you should not expect to eat at a deficit all week long and then eat a LOT even 1 day out of the weekend and expect a 2 pound loss per week.  I wanted that loss, so I was unwilling to have a cheat day.

How did everyone do your first week if you were on plan or back on plan?  I did pretty well.  I am back under my "no-no" line this morning, weighing in at 119.3.  BUT I like to stay pretty well at 117, so I am still above where I want to be.  So I have some work to do.

If you DID NOT do well this week, get up, brush yourself off and re-start - RIGHT NOW.  It's never too late.  If you did "okay" - meaning you started some lifestyle changes but didn't do perfect, then GREAT!  Do better today then you did yesterday!  If you did FANTASTIC this week, pat yourself on the back but remember that you are in this for the long haul.     

Here is my challenge to you - EXERCISE TODAY!  I just got back from taking the dogs on a 6 mile walk in temps just over 20 degrees.  There is no excuse for not fitting something in today.  What are you doing to get fit and fabulous this morning?  

I was watching CSI: NY last night and a character said "We all have an expiration date, whether it's 10 minutes from now or 10 years."  What do you want to do, to be, to look like before that expiration date comes?  What legacy do you want to leave?  It starts NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment