Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Getting out to vote

election

And I hope you did too!

I have voted in every election since I was 18.  That includes absentee voting when I was at college.

I take this privilege seriously.  And since I get the day off of work – don’t ask me why that’s a holiday for us – I have ZERO in the excuse department.

This year was special.  Although I have personally known people before in our local elections, this is the first time that someone I consider a friend is running for office.

An office that is important and that I think she would be spectacular in the role.  So voting for her – it took on a special meaning. Especially since I know she is running for all the RIGHT reasons.

Today was a day when everything seemed to fall into place.

Marc and I got around this morning and went in to vote.  I took advantage of the day that most people don’t have off and didn’t have to wait in line to get my oil changed, to fill up Dexter and to get a few groceries.

After lunch, although it was pretty windy, it was – for this area – a positively tropic day.  Marc and I took advantage of it and headed out on a bike ride.  30 miles later I arrived home spent and happy. 

I threw a pork, apple and sweet potato casserole in the oven and then relaxed. 

Today was a good day and I’m keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that it ends the same and my friend emerges as the victor!

No comments:

Post a Comment