Friday, July 31, 2015

Buh-bye #7...

And by #7 of course, I am referring to July.  

I know that some of you reading remember January.  Remember when the year started?  Where did you think you'd be as July closed out?  Are you there?  Did you meet your expectations?  Exceed them?  Not come close?

I spent today in the weird space of being totally and completely disappointed in myself and completely at peace.  I ran at lunch.  I am still agonizingly slow and my Achilles is still somewhat painful.  But I ran.  When I came home, Marc and I went for a bike ride.

So I then checked July stats.  331 miles biking, 64.7 running, 70.8 walking and 16.9 hiking for a total of 482.4.  Pretty good, huh?

Except I'm still 20 pounds overweight.  Because I won't stop eating.  And having just passed the 3rd anniversary of hitting my goal weight - I feel like I'm a miserable failure.  A failure and a fraud.

So no false promises for me.  No resolving that August marks a new start.

Instead, I will try my best to do my best tomorrow.  Just tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment