Thursday, July 30, 2015

Another birthday...


Today is my father-in-law's 97th birthday!

97!!  Think about that for a second - he was born in 1918!!  Pretty amazing to think of the changes he has witnessed over the years.

He was a farmer his whole life.  I've talked about how technology can help so much in keeping us healthy.

But he didn't need GPS watches or fitbits or myfitnesspal or anything else - he didn't need accountability.  He worked hard.  Honest physical labor.  He ate meat and potatoes and drank milk right out of the tap so to speak.  And he is 97 years old!

Makes me wonder if I - if we all - make things too damn complicated.  

I don't know how much longer he'll be with us, but he's had a pretty amazing life.  We don't always see eye to eye - he can be a frustratingly stubborn sob (which he probably says about me, too!!).  But I feel lucky that I've known him - years more then I knew my own father!!

And he raised a pretty amazing son.  Lucky for me!!

So Happy Birthday, Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment