Monday, December 1, 2014

Last month of the year!!

Welcome to December!  For someone who has slight *cough* OCD, starting a new month on a Monday has a certain perfect symmetry to it.

December 1st brings mixed emotions to me.  It's my mother's birthday.  I'm having her over this weekend for dinner.  I'd tell you what I'm making, but she reads this and I want it to be a surprise!!  I did call her to wish her happy birthday!

On the other hand, this day is always marred by tomorrow's anniversary of my father's death.  And this date marks the day we sent my Rottweiler, Riker, to the Rainbow Bridge after a horrific battle with bone cancer.

I've felt anxious and restless all day today.  Usually working out helps but a tough core workout at noon hasn’t touched it.  Even putting on Christmas music hasn't done squat to ease my mind.

I just want to get through the next couple of days and then can hopefully get into the holiday season!!
santa

No comments:

Post a Comment