Monday, December 29, 2014

I am frozen SOLID!

Not sure if you guys are aware, but in my job we are actually forced to take the week between Xmas and New Year’s off – using our vacation time of course.  Isn’t that all kinds of fucked up?

Through begging – I am allowed to work one day and this year will be Wednesday.  So, since I am using my time and have the days off I’m trying to make the most of it.

This is decidedly NOT my time of year that I would like to take off, for sure.  I like to take the time off where I can lay out in the sun!

Anyway, so for Xmas this year, one of the gifts that I bought Marc was the Garmin Virb Elite.  Marc has been wanting one of those action camera that are really popular now and I did something I hate – I did exhaustive research on a techie item to determine the best one!  Anyway, I think I made the right choice for Marc’s needs and wants!

Today we took the dogs out to a beach to run around and play.  It was effing COLD and windy there!  So we didn’t spend a lot of time there as I wanted to.  But the dogs got to run up and down the empty beach and chase balls and have a grand old time!

Marc brought his Virb and took a short video of them playing.  You can hear how windy it was – yuck! 

Chakotay and Archer on the beach

But the boys had a great time and the sun was partially out so I got some sun.  Win-win.

On the way back, we went right by out vet’s office so I stopped to run Chakotay in and get an official weight on him – 89 pounds!!!  My little pudgster and I both will be working on trimming numbers won’t we?

Today was a success eating wise – a healthy lunch and then for dinner we had catfish for the first time!  I loved it, but Marc was not so thrilled.  Paired with quinoa and kale?  I consider that a very healthy dinner.  Closing the year out, I am slowly getting back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment