Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Give me some THERAPY!

Nope, haven’t decided to see a Psychologist – even though some of you think I need it!

I woke up this morning with virtually no hamstring pain so that was awesome.  However right below my knee on the outer part?  Extreme pain.  Seriously??!!  And, as always, the Achilles was terrible.

But I'm not too worried about the under knee part because is it located right on a muscle and is where it has hurt some biking, so I'm hoping it's just overuse of a new muscle.  And, as I write this, the pain has greatly diminished.

I went to the physical therapy place first thing this morning.  The therapist was a balding, chunky dude in his 50's named Chris who I was instantly comfortable with.

Tons of questions and then a bunch of tests - pushing pulling standing etc.  He stated that he totally disagrees with the doctor on the diagnosis of retrocalcaneal bursitis.  He grabbed an area and SQUEEZED and there was no pain.  He told me that this is where it would hurt for that ailment.  He then grabbed the area where it is swollen and SQUEEZED and I screamed in pain.  He said that it is Achilles Tendonitis.  Again, SERIOUSLY??!!

BUT, the treatment is the same so the diagnosis is largely irrelevant at this time.  AND he is pretty optimistic about its chances of success.

I'm glad he is, because I am not!

My insurance has to approve the treatments but since they have already scheduled me for next week, hopefully that means it is a formality.  He wants to do 2-3 treatments per week for 6 weeks.  Their first opening is next Friday and I am on the cancel list in case something opens up.

He gave me some new stretches and prescribed icing - all which have done ZERO to fix this.  I can run, but he wants me to take it easy and no grand mileage.  All other exercises I can do as much as I want.

So, we'll see.  I am so mad at my body right now - which is not productive....

heal

No comments:

Post a Comment