Sunday, October 5, 2014

Back to basics…

53 days.  That’s how many days are left until Thanksgiving.  The last few years, that day has started out with Marc and I running the 5K Turkey Trot.

I have 2 goals that morning – 1) to be healthy enough to run.  2) to weigh less then 125 pounds.

How do I accomplish this is the question?

Well, by getting back to basics.

What do I weigh now?  No idea.  But I have no doubt that it is even worse then before I left on vacation.  Which is why I’m not going to weigh myself for a while.

My hamstring seems to be good, but I have not run in – believe it or not – over 2 weeks.  The thought of running again actually makes me feel sick to my stomach in fear.

Fear is STUPID.  What do I have to be afraid of?  I don’t know.  But I need to pop that cherry.  It may mean – in the whole getting back to basics thing – that I return to a run/walk routine to get my mojo back.  And would that be the worse thing ever?  Of course not.  But I have to be a drama queen, right?

I go to the physical therapist for the first time this week to talk about the treatment for the retrocalcaneal bursitis.  And then hopefully start the treatments.  And then hope that they work!!!

My back to basics started yesterday.  I was like a crazed woman needing this new start.  I was almost frantic in trying to get things done – unpacking, doing wash, all those things.  But I also gave myself a pedicure, gave the dogs a bath – I even changed my purse over to a new purse I scored for cheap.  We went in to pick up supplies at Walmart and I even bought some storage crate things and reorganized my closet!

It was like I needed to strip myself down – change myself.  Today that pattern will continue as I expect to clean the house top to bottom.  A fresh and clean new outlook.

I started yesterday with weight lifting which we usually do on Saturdays and later ran on the elliptical (Am I skinny yet?)

I also ate well.  I made turkey chili for dinner.  And paired it with sugar free Jello.  Fat Jen tried to explain that we were still technically on vacation and we could have our new start on Monday, but Thin Jen plugged her ears.  I believe that there may be a lot of fucking wonderful sugar free Jello in our near future….

So yes, I am feeling refreshed and renewed, but also sorry for myself.  I think if these treatments work and the hammy is healed, then I’ll be doing a lot better. 

I just have to NOT go to extremes like I tend to do.  No trying to run 10 miles at once for a while, no cutting back so drastically on calories that I am starving and end up stuffing myself on the weekends. 

I can do this!  Thanksgiving is 53 days away.  What are your goals when you wake up that morning?

basics

No comments:

Post a Comment