Monday, December 9, 2013

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK!!

You know how there are those people in the world that wait until the very last minute to get things done?  Now some of those people are just procrastinators and don't accomplish much.  But there are other people like that that not only can manage by waiting until the last minute but they actually FLOURISH in their task by waiting.

I am NOT one of those people.  I remember in college taking a course in Adolescent Psychology.  We had to read and write detailed reports on 2 books - Tom Sawyer and The Diary of Anne Frank.  We were told this on the syllabus our first day in January.  We had until the beginning of April to write these papers.  One of mine was done by the February break, and the other was done and ready to be handed in by the middle of March.  A guy on my floor in the same class was running around 2 days before they were due having not written a SINGLE THING.  It just about sent ME into a panic.  And the bastard got them done if you can believe that (although I don't know his grades!)

So, yeah, I have a bit of OCD.  And I don't know what's been wrong with me the last couple of days, but I have been extraordinarily anxious.  I've been worried about getting things done for Christmas.  This morning I was sitting here at work and felt - almost on the verge of a panic attack - thinking about stuff I have to do.

It's crazy.  I know that I will get the things done.  I'm way ahead of the game compared to other people I know, but I still feel a lot of anxiety.  Saturday night I tossed and turn for over an hour worrying about something.  I finally got up and took care of it because I couldn't fall asleep with it weighing on my mind!

I honestly don't know if this is a symptom of something more going on or what, but I HATE feeling anxious.  There's only so much I can do, and sitting around worrying isn't helping anything.


It doesn't help that this weekend seemed to FLY by in the blink of an eye!  So tonight I do my comfort thing of making lists - and searching for peace of mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment