Sunday, December 29, 2013

I wish I could tell you....

The question I get asked all the time - more then any other - is why THEN?  Why was 2010 the start of my weight loss journey.

I wish I could answer that question with any sort of an answer that would be useful to other people.  But I can't.  I often say it was just time.  

What I do know if that it started - SLOWLY -  right after New Year's.  It wasn't like I hadn't tried to lose weight before, I had.  But it was always half assed attempts.  And these attempts didn't last long.

So the best advice I can give you - if you are wondering how to get started - is to START.  You don't have to make a commitment to going from obese to skinny in 6 months.  In fact, I think those goals are destined for failure.  

Start making small changes.  Go for walks, give up soda, eat out less, do what you KNOW will lead to success.  Practice makes perfect, even in weight loss.

Are you tired of being fat?  Are you tired of being TIRED all the time?  I was.  And when you have success - even small successes, you will be amazed at how much better you feel - mentally and physically!

The time is now.  How much longer do you want to delay?  Every single day I wish I had started this journey WAY earlier.  It is easily the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding.  2014 is coming - are you ready for this to be your year????

No comments:

Post a Comment