Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Relationships…

What the hell is going on??

First came the news of Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert.  Then there was Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.  Yesterday reports were on Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith’s impending divorce (which I see now he is vehemently denying).  But confirmed separations of Reba McIntyre and her hubby as well as Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale.

Geez!  I don't (obviously) know any of these people, but news of their breakups make me sad.

I can't help but wonder if the high divorce rate is like the American public in general - when things get hard, we give up and quit.

Now don't get me wrong - I know there are many valid reasons for people to end marriages.  And if the reports are true about cheating in some of these cases - well I know that is something I could never, ever forgive.  It would be OVER.

But relationships are not easy.  Like losing weight or keeping to an exercise program.  Or lots of other things - they require hard work and dedication.  It takes fighting when every fiber of you wants to give up.  It also requires appreciating the small things, especially once the newness has worn thin. 

I have said many times that I don't know where I would be in my life if it weren't for Marc.  And I'd like to think that he feels the same about my influence in his life.

But it isn't always easy.  There is a fine balance between loving someone unconditionally, yet pushing them and knowing when to criticize or question or demand.

I hope that these couples find happiness either together or apart.  It makes me realize that just because people are rich and famous - it doesn't make everything in their lives simple or easy.

As I fight my internal demons, I can at least be incredibly thankful to have a person in my life who I know is there for me 100%.  I hope all of you out there are lucky enough to have this as well!

tumblr_mdq30bvHaQ1rataypo1_500

No comments:

Post a Comment