Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday re-start

I feel like I’ve been telling myself that Monday is a new start for like the last 20 weeks!

And – like every Monday – I was an angel today.  I ate a healthy breakfast after resisting the urge to dive headfirst into the still warm oatmeal and plum “breakfast bars” that a co-worker baked (sounds pretty healthy but probably wasn’t that healthy even though Fat Jen tried to convince me it was). 

I ran the longest I’ve run since May today – 6 miles!  The Achilles was a little sore as I pushed myself at the Tri yesterday, but it warmed up and I kept going despite wanting to quit and walk at mile 4.  A slow 6 – but a victory that I will take!

I then came home and did a hard weight lifting routine and for dinner had tacos made with ground chicken, romaine lettuce, black olives, low fat cheese and tomatoes.

So it should be considered a winning day, but I don’t feel that way.  Because it’s not 1 day that makes it.  It’s a lot of days.  And I can’t seem to put any more than 1 or 2 days together before going off the rails. 

I ran into a guy I graduated with today.  He told me I look “amazing”.  Which compared to high school, I do!  But compared to how I looked 2 years ago, I look horrible. 

But hope springs eternal that my Monday motivation carries into the rest of the DAYUM week!

Consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment