Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fries with that?

French fries!  Oh how I love thee!! But fried foods, well they left the menu years ago.  And those highly processed, high calorie breaded things you buy in the freezer section of the grocery store?  Nope.

So I make my own!  And they are wonderful!

First take some potatoes.  I usually use red or russet. 

IMG_6582

 

 

 

 

 

You can cut up the potatoes on your own, but I use this French fry slicer.  It comes in 2 sizes, we are shoestring people.IMG_6580

 

 

 

 

Once they are sliced up, throw them in a bowl.

IMG_6583

Microwave for 5 minutes.

Now pour on some olive oil, sea salt (do not omit these 2 items!) and optional spices like garlic powder and onion powder.  Stir it all up.

IMG_6585

Now spread them on a cookie sheet.

IMG_6586

Bake for 40-45 minutes at 425 – flipping about 1/2 way through.

Crispy oven baked, healthy fries!

IMG_6588

I paired mine tonight with a 99% fat free turkey burger, using romaine lettuce as the “bun” and a huge side of steamed broccoli!

IMG_6590

No comments:

Post a Comment