Friday, June 13, 2014

This is how I spaghetti :)))

When it comes to the diet or healthy eating realm, pasta seems to get a bad rap.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because most people would gladly eat their body weight in pasta when they sit down to a meal.  But whole wheat pasta can be a filling, healthy choice!

This is what I do when we have spaghetti.  I'm not going to talk portion size, because that will vary with how you break up your meals...

First, I chop up a whole bunch of broccoli and throw it in the steamer for 10 minutes.
 
 


While that is steaming, I throw the ground meat in the pan (this night it was 93% lean ground beef) and season it.  I get it all nice and brown. 
 

Next, I throw in some canned mushrooms. 
 
 

Then I turn down the heat and add 1 cup of beef broth.


Once that mixture is pretty warm, I throw in the steamed broccoli. 
 

Once the whole wheat pasta is cooked, I pour the beef, broccoli, mushrooms and broth over the top and add a little reduced fat Parmesan cheese.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That's it!  A healthy satisfying choice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment