Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Alive and kicking!

OK, everyone, have no fear, I'm alive and kicking!  I'm completely out of my routine , though, as I'm in a hotel room and going to an all day conference tomorrow.

Conferences are such a challenge for me.  It's as if I think that "out of town food" has no calories and I think I can just eat whatever I want without regards to  the consequences.

But I must say, I've been attending conferences for years all over the country.  The old Jen used to relish the time to hit the local mall, eat some fast food and then sleep in until the last possible moment.

The new Jen?  She stopped at Walmart and bought a huge bag of salad and some pre-cooked chicken as well as some Greek yogurt and bananas for dinner and tomorrow's breakfast.  And instead of arriving and heading immediately to the local mall, I found the gym and rode the stationary bike for 45 minutes.  The alarm is set for bright and early with the plan to hit the treadmill.

We'll see if I hit that or the snooze button!!

No comments:

Post a Comment