Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee!

Well, we've arrived at my 42nd birthday.  It's one I've been anticipating and dreading.  But when I awoke this morning, nothing had miraculously changed overnight.  In fact, it's been a pretty normal Tuesday!

Marc quietly leaned over after the alarm went off and wished me happy birthday.  My mother called as I was driving to work.  It was 7:38 AM - the exact time I was born.

The truth is that while I feel old at that number, my body is probably "younger" today then it was 20 years ago!  I certainly couldn't have ran 7 miles back then like I did today!


After running 7 miles - not sexy, but in shape!





I don't have much to complain about, either!  Marc is cooking me a "special" dinner - the contents a surprise - as I type this and my mother is taking me out to lunch tomorrow.  I also took Friday off so I can make it be about ME for several days instead of 1 lol!

The war that I sometimes get into with myself isn't over, unfortunately.  But the battles are starting to turn from full blown acts of war to small skirmishes.  I wasn't in love with the number I saw on the scale this morning but it didn't lead to a freak out, either.  If this is what I have to look forward to in my old age?  That's pretty okay!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jennifer. Thank you for your blog. I look forward to it everyday. ..You are doing a service to a lot of overweight and out of shape people. We need to hear the truth and that it isn't always a smooth journey. Ups and downs are apart of life. And losing the weight doesn't guarantee life is problem free. Again Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete