Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!

How is everyone out there doing?  On this day of love, I hope you have someone in your life that you can extend you love to today!  And I also hope that you are loving yourself!

Is this a challenging day for you?  Traditionally, it is a day of chocolates and other decadent treats!  Are you indulging today or staying on plan?

For me Valentine's Day is not a big challenge.  I'm not into chocolates and Marc and I don't do much since we tend to focus more on celebrating our Anniversary which is in a couple of weeks.  

Since Marc is a pasta lover, I am planning on making a creamy chicken with egg noodles dish for dinner tonight.  If it turns out well, I'll post the recipe.  Otherwise, it is a low key day.  

I'm actually feeling quite down today.  We are - like the rest of the east coast - getting nailed yet again with snow and I'm not liking what I see in the mirror.  So I am just going to try to ride this out and make this long weekend a low key affair.

For those of you who are planning a HOT date night - have a fantastic time!!!  But don't do anything I wouldn't ;))))



2 comments:

  1. I am an elementary music teacher with over 400 really cute students, so I ended up with more than my share of sugary treats. Luckily, I picked one or two that were my favorites and threw the rest away. My body is no longer used to eating junk food, and is much more forceful in letting me know that that junk is no longer good for my system (even though I still crave it from time to time).

    From the relationship side, I'm single, so Valentines Day can sometimes feel like a slap in the face, but it's also a reminder that I am an independent woman who is working on loving herself first - so there is some growth in the loneliness as well. Thanks many times over for your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful choice to have a small indulgence but not go overboard and end up with regrets!! I have read your blog and you seem like a wonderful woman and I totally admire how positive you are!!

      You are on a fantastic journey and there is a fantastic man out there for you when you are ready!

      Jen

      Delete