Monday, November 25, 2013

Recipe: Sweet potato, pumpkin and peanut butter soup.

I LOVE soup.  And this healthy low cal soup is wonderful on a cold winter night!

Ingredients:

1 cup pumpkin puree
1 medium sweet potato
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
about 2½  cups vegetable stock or water
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
few chives for garnish (or any herb of your choosing)

Step 1:  Chop the sweet potatoes roughly and steam them for about 25 minutes.

I use my handy dandy veggie steamer to steam the sweet potatoes.





Step 2:  Blend up the sweet potatoes until they are smooth.


I use a hand blender to get them nice and smooth.





Step 3:  On low heat, add the pumpkin and peanut butter to the sweet potatoes.

You can use canned pure pumpkin or fresh pumpkin that you have made into a puree.






You can use any smooth peanut butter.  I use Peanut Butter and Co's: The Bee's Knees as it adds a wonderful sweet honey taste.




Step 4:  Add the stock and seasoning and mix up well.

I like this soup the consistency of a bisque, so it uses about 2 1/2 cups.  You can make it really thick or quite loose by changing the amount of stock.  




Step 5:  Cook for 10 minutes and that's all she wrote!  You can garnish with chives or whatever you like.  I go for the sweeter side so I usually add a little cinnamon on top.

Hope you enjoy!


Today I am thankful for an ever growing acceptance of myself, faults and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment