Sunday, November 3, 2013

Never give up!

"When it comes to dreams, one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them."
That quote comes from a new show - DRACULA - which is airing on NBC.  Marc and I were watching it Friday night and a character said this and it just resonated with me!  I couldn't get it out of my head and actually ended up writing it down.

It is so true!  What dreams do you have?  How do you imagine your life?  

I think that I have failed in some of my dreams, because I did abandon them.  Did you guys know that my dream was to end up on Broadway?  Yup.  I always wanted to be a star of the Broadway stage.  But I ended up abandoning that dream for many different reasons.  

And that's okay.  Because I don't think that we can have all of our dreams come true.  Some dreams have to be given up for various reasons.  But the dream that I didn't give up on was re-creating myself.

And I faltered.  Oh, how I faltered.  I made many missteps on my journey to lose weight.  And I continue to falter at times in maintenance.  But one things that I have never done is abandon this dream.  And the payoff has been SO worth it!

Entering the holiday season, I have absolutely no doubt that you and I will falter and lose our way.  But we cannot fail if we try and try again.  There is no way we can fail unless we throw up our hands and say "I give up".  You are going to want to give up at times.  I felt for a period of time that my body was just determined to stay fat and that nothing I did would change that. 

That of course, was and is bullshit.  And if you find yourself thinking that, it's bullshit, too.  If dreams were easy to achieve, well, this world would be totally different.  Rarely do our dreams get handed to us on a silver platter.  Nope, we have to EARN our dreams.  

So falter if you must, but don't give up!!


Today I am thankful for an extra hour to accomplish my tasks!

No comments:

Post a Comment