Saturday, April 21, 2012

Swell hell!

Day 3 and I'm living in swell hell.  That's what some of the people on the plastic surgery site I'm on call it.  My body is totally swollen so I feel like a sausage stuffed in a casing.  It's not painful exactly, just very uncomfortable.  I'm drinking a lot of water which is supposed to help, but it's just part of the natural healing process.  

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I've been wearing a pain pump.  Small tubes go from inside my abdomen, up, out of the skin, and then are taped to just under my breasts.  They, in turn, go to a pain pump that constantly disperses pain meds.  The doctor pulled and sewed my abdominal muscles together which is apparently one of the most painful parts of the procedure which is why they use the pump.  So since the surgery I've been wearing a bag around my neck with with the medication in it.  It is a pain in the ass.  We were told that when the pain meds run out to just pull the tubes out of my body and I could take off that bag.  The medication ran out sometime during the night.  Marc was not fond of the thought of pulling these several inch tubes out.  So I untaped them and started pulling.  Didn't hurt at all, but was a weird sensation and then they popped out.  Marc was totally grossed out which I found funny.  Which made me laugh and hurt like a motherfucker!!  So no being funny if you come to visit, okay??

I took a sponge bath yesterday, and they are much sexier in the movies then in real life.  But being clean is a good thing!!  Next time I'm going to shave my pits - this is the exciting life I am leading right now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment