Thursday, April 19, 2012

The recovery begins...

Surgery went well yesterday.  Dr. DeRoberts and his staff were so caring and awesome.  The doc even came over to hold my hand when the anestheiologist was putting in the IV because he could tell I was freaking out a little.  I was out instantly.  Before I knew it I was waking up.  

I have a pain pump as well as medications.  So I'm not in pain, just very stiff and uncomfortable.  Even though I 'm cut all the way around it didn't bother me at all to sleep on my back.  It does hurt badly to get up from a lying down position.  You don't realize how much you use your abs until something like this.  

I have 4 drains inserted in me and they keep catching.  Poor Marc has had to empty the bloody things twice so far.

We had to replace the gauze this morning so I took off the compression garmet that I have to wear.  The incision actually looks better then I thought it would, and from what I can see my belly is completely flat!    Once the drains come out I'll be able to look myself over better.  He removed 6 pounds 10 oz. of skin and lipoed a few pounds of fat off.

I've been sleeping a lot.  

The dogs seem to know that I am hurt.  They have been amazingly calm and gentle and for the most part have been keeping their distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment