- 1 large sweet potato (approximately 1 pound) cut into 1-inch dice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 apples of your choice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Cooking Instructions1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, toss the cut up sweet potato generously with some olive oil, salt, and cinnamon. Lay the sweet potatoes out on a sheet tray, place them in the oven and roast until they are very soft and mushy, 30 to 35 minutes.
2) Cut the apples into 1-inch dice. Toss them apples with the lemon juice, some olive oil, sea salt and the rosemary. Lay them out on a sheet tray and place in the oven during the last 15 minutes of the cooking time for the sweet potatoes. When done, the apples should be soft and cooked through but still hold their shape. Sprinkle the walnuts over the apples during the last 5 minutes in the oven.
3) Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and coarsely mash them with a potato masher. Stir in the cooked apples and walnuts.
Tonight I paired mine with Swai and steamed kale!