Monday, March 3, 2014

9 or 25....

25 - holy crap - 25 years ago - this month I met this guy.  He was older than me and I thought he was really weird.  But the connection was immediate and intense.  I'd never experienced anything like it.

9 years ago today I stood next to this same weird and wonderful man in the local courthouse and vowed to love and cherish him forever.
 Yes, today is Marc and my anniversary.  The fact that we met 25 years ago and have stayed together through thick and thin is almost as unbelievable as the amount of weight we lost and have kept off. 
 Just like weight loss, maintaining a long term relationship is not easy.  It takes hard work and determination and a daily commitment.  And, if you're doing it right, it should involve intense cardio frequently ;))))

In all seriousness, again like the journey of losing weight, being successful doesn't just happen.  There is a reason why there is over a 50% divorce rate in this country.  I've felt that I just couldn't do it any more more then once in the 25 years since we've been together.

On paper - there is nothing that indicates that Marc and I should be a couple.  We are so different in so many ways!!

But somehow the stars aligned to bring us together and we celebrate that every day.  Some people have opined that they need their "space" and they can't understand how and why we spend every moment we can together.  It works for us.  I believe that it is what makes us who we are.

I don't know where I would be without Marc in my life.  So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my best friend, my soulmate, my partner in everything.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats from another lifer ..you forgot compromise but not so much you lose yourself. Its so wonderful to have someone that always has your back and you theirs.
    May you have 50 more!!!

    ReplyDelete