Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tough love

This quote today is dedicated to ME as well as to anyone else that is sitting on the pity pot feeling sorry for themselves:


I've been seeing a lot of posts on the weight loss site that I am on from people saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to lose weight.  They then offer the following - multiple excuses for why they can't eat healthy and exercise AND usually they say they have only been eating 900 calories a day and are otherwise being perfect.


What is the bullshit story you are telling yourself?  Are you telling yourself you are at 1200 calories a day, but then you don't count the little bite here and little bite there that you are snacking on?  Do you eat your meal and then hold up your fingers and say that you ate a small piece of chicken and it could not have been more then 100 calories?



You can't guess and pretend your way through this.  I figured that out the hard way.  Every little bite of something adds up.  Once you achieved your weight loss goal, then you may choose to loosen up, listen to your body, not count everything as I'm trying to do.  Or you may choose to continue to count calories like a lot of people do.

But during the process?  You have to be rigorous if you want to see results.  

I've been trying to justify why I can't seem to get down and stay down to the weight I want to be.  It's not that I just did a long run the day before.  It's not that I ate too much salt.  Or that I have DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness) from weight lifting.  IT IS BECAUSE I AM EATING MORE CALORIES THEN I AM BURNING.  It's that fucking simple and depressing.  

I WANT to eat like I did on my birthday - whatever I wanted and with abandon.  BUT I don't want the consequences.  I can't have both and that sucks.  But telling myself that it's something other then what it is isn't doing me any favors.

Suck it up, Princess!  Either do it or don't.  The world will revolve either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment