Sunday, June 16, 2013

Eggplant pizza

This is what I had for dinner one night this week and it was SOOOOOO good I had to share!

Step 1:  Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2:  Take an eggplant and slice in half.


Step 3:  Rub a small amount of olive oil on both sides of eggplant halves and season with salt and pepper.


Step 4:  Cook eggplant halves for about 30 minutes, face down on a sheet, until tender.

Step 5:  Remove eggplant from oven and carefully scrape out the middle, making sure not to pierce bottom of eggplant.  Place the eggplant middles in a bowl. 

Step 6: I did this while eggplant was cooking - cook toppings for the pizza on the stove.  I used chicken sausage, mushrooms and garlic.

 Step 7:  Once the toppings are completely cooked, throw them in the bowl with the eggplant middles and combine.
 Step 8:  Fill eggplant shells with tomato sauce.
Step 9:  Add in the toppings.

 Step 10:  Cover with cheese (I used fat-free mozzarella)

 Step 11: Place back in the oven for about 15 minutes - until the sauce is warm and the cheese is melted.


ENJOY!!!  How yummy can you get??!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete