Saturday, December 15, 2012

Getting some perspective...

I was in a terrible state yesterday as you guys know from my blog post.  The black cloud of despair was just hanging over me.  And then I had to go to a store around 1:30 and I was standing in the electronics department which is when I saw the breaking news on their television displays.  Like the rest of the country, I was beyond horrified by the shootings in Connecticut.  Horrified even can't describe what I felt.

Well, if that doesn't give me some perspective I don't know what will.  Not that there's any time ever that this wouldn't be an unspeakable event, but for these parents to have lost their children so close to Christmas under such violence.  And for the surviving children to have to go through what they did.  I don't even have kids and I just cannot imagine.

So that makes the problem with my IT Band seem pretty effing minor, doesn't it?  Even with this, I'm pretty healthy.  And the people I love are safe and sound and healthy.  I took the dogs for a BRISK 4 mile walk when I got home yesterday.  How absolutely lucky I am in my life is what I thought about.

When I got on the scale this morning it read 118.4.  Well within my "okay" range but I would like to be at least a pound lower.  But my VERY FIRST thought was - "I am SO glad that my main worry this morning is being ONE POUND heavier then I'd like."  I mean SERIOUSLY.

I can't promise you guys I'm not going to fall into another funk or that I'm not going to be on here tomorrow bitching about how my life is OVER because of the IT band issue.  But for today, I'm just going to relish what I do have....


No comments:

Post a Comment