Friday, December 14, 2012

Failing miserably!

What are some of the things that I have talked to you guys about here?  Well, let's see, there's the importance of maintaining a positive attitude, being flexible, reducing stress, not mindlessly eating.  Guess how many of those things I am doing effectively right now?  EXACTLY ZERO!



I am so upset by my body BETRAYING me like this.  I can't get any perspective at all.  I was so depressed last night.  All I wanted to do was sit in my puddle of pity - and eat.  

Is it going to be the end of the world if I can't run again?  Nope.  Does it mean that I am destined to gain back all the weight I've lost?  Nope.  I realize this intellectually, but emotionally I'm not there.  I estimate I burn about 2000-2500 per week running!  That's a lot of calories.  There is no exercise I can do that burns that amount of calories in the time I spend.  Which means that if I can't run I'll need to cut down my food in order to maintain my weight.  Which, as you might know, I really like eating, so I don't want to!

I am a person who LOVES Xmas-time and everything that goes with it, and I feel like it's being ruined this year.

So sorry that I can't be positive for you guys!

I've ordered an IT Band Strap which MIGHT help.  


And I did more strengthening and stretching exercises last night AND will be doing yoga later today, but I'm feeling incredibly pessimisstic...

No comments:

Post a Comment