Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas past...

My mother pulled out an old picture of me recently and posted to Facebook:


As you can see, I wasn't what I would call fat, but I definitely wasn't a skinny kid.  What would I say to that little girl if I had the chance to go back in time and talk to her?

Could I say something that would have made her never have to begin this arduous weight loss process?  Is there anything that I could impress on her that would make her have a healthy relationship with food and exercise so that she would be healthy and happy from this picture forward?

More importantly, even if I COULD do that, SHOULD I?  After all, ever step and mis-step that I have taken in this life has brought me to be the person that I am today.  Do I want to be a completely different person then who I am?  

Some days the answer is most definitely yes.  But I also remember that life is way to short to focus on regrets.  And since we can't change our past, maybe the only thing we can do is start now, today, this second, being the person we WANT to be.  



No comments:

Post a Comment