Sunday, April 5, 2015

The last supper….

A fitting title for today, even for this non-believer!!!

I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Easter!  Mine was good.  It is a holiday that quite honestly means very little to me, but any time there is a time and reason to gather the family together is a-okay with me.

The last few days have been hard for me.  I have been contemplating, crying, thinking, self-pitying, berating myself, feeling hopeful, feeling despair, etc.

Last Thursday at lunch I ran 6 miles.  I got my hair cut after work and when I came home it was late and Marc had taken a long bike ride earlier in the day and didn’t want to do another workout.  So I didn’t either. 

Friday, I told my co-worker this.  I admitted to her that when I went to bed that night I was panicking – I started thinking about how incredibly fat I have gotten and that maybe I ought to sneak out of bed so Marc wouldn’t hear and do at least 30 more minutes of exercise.  I didn’t  but I thought about it.  I knew at the time how sick this was, but hearing myself say it out loud?  I realized how very disordered I have gotten. 

This ain’t rocket science.  I once weighed 344 pounds.  I got down to 117.  Not 20 years ago, but recently.  And the answer is right in front of my face – stop stuffing it!!!

So I planned my last supper.  I relaxed this weekend.  I ate too much.  I exercised too little.  It culminated in an Easter feast.

And now tomorrow?  My behavior changes.  At least I hope it does.  I plan for it to change.  I have a fresh tattoo.  It’s a new month.  I have a fresh haircut.  I dyed my hair yesterday…

   10402044_10205185420489649_4116198279038251782_n

Spring is reluctantly and way to slowly getting here, but it IS getting here.  The Robins are back.  Yesterday the sun was shining brightly outside at 6PM. 

I have hope.  Let’s hope these best laid plans come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment