Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Get into the groove….

I feel like I’m in a groove right now in both a positive and a negative way.  In some ways, having a predictable daily routine can be a drag on both mind and soul.

On the other hand, I feel in control and in a workable routine.  Something has happened with my running.  Almost 4 years after I ran my first mile outside I think that I have learned to pace myself and what a difference this has made.  The daily running is so much easier now that I can and do slow down as needed.

The bad news?  My pace is SO SLOW compared to last year.  Last summer I was regularly running between 7:45 and 8:00 minute miles.  Now?  I’m running about 8:30 minute miles. 

BLAH!

So this is what needs to happen.  I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT.  And, if I want to get faster, I need to do speedwork.  So why is that a problem?  Because I HATE speedwork and I LOVE food. 

I still am a coward and haven’t stepped on the scale.  I don’t think I have gained since my April 1 doctor’s appointment but I haven’t lost either.

Now, check out this pathetic-ness.  The Heather Freeman Run to the Sun is May 9th.  I have the choice of a half-marathon, a 10K or a 5K.  The last 2 years I’ve run the half.  And both years placed 2nd.

This year I will not be competitive so I’m thinking of just doing the 10K.  I’m SUCH an asshole.

BUT, I haven’t been felt the depression and desperation that I felt this winter, so I want to hold on to that part of the routine. 
I hope that this means I’m moving onwards and upwards and everything else will follow….

imagesferris-quote_small-500x226

No comments:

Post a Comment