Some nights I just crave something different. This recipe uses a couple of staples that I eat all the time but adds a bit...
- Large sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce (I use sugar free)
- Shredded cheese (I use part skim)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Microwave sweet potato for 4 minutes
- Carefully cut sweet potato in half
- Rub cut side with a little olive oil place on cookie sheet - cook for 45 minutes
- Carefully scoop insides of sweet potato out and into a bowl
- Rub skin side of potato with olive oil, add salt and pepper, put empty side down on cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes more
- Cook ground turkey and chopped onions together
- Mash up sweet potatoes in the bowl, add the cooked turkey and onions, barbeque sauce and some cheese - mix up well.
- Divide mixture between the 2 sweet potato skins, top with some cheese and put back in the oven for 3-5 minutes
And then? ENJOY!!!