Friday, March 13, 2015

Under pressure....

I have been able to run quite a bit this winter.  Unfortunately it has been exclusively on the treadmill.  Even though I put an incline of 2 the treadmill it's just not the same as running outside.  

As I found out on Tuesday.  I got outside amd began running.  It felt good to be outside and running - but it was HARD.  Hard on my body and hard to breathe.

And tomorrow?  I have a race I signed up for.  The Shamrock Run - a 5 mile run.  

And I am so worried about running it!  I told that to my friend today and she asked me why I was so worried.  I told her that I was afraid of humiliating myself.  By running slow or - worse - having to walk some of it.

She told me lovingly that I am fucking crazy and to get over myself.  She also reminded me that I was just in the ER with an IV in my arm.  And if I have to walk some of it, big deal.

I laughed.  And went back to obsessing.

Wish me luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment