Friday, September 5, 2014

Facing the proverbial music…

When I had lunch with my friend Peggy this week she told me I shouldn't weigh myself on Saturday.  When I asked her why she said that if it was bad news it would ruin my race.

So after thinking about it I looked over at the scale this morning.  I decided to have at it.

And the result - well it's bad.

I weighed in at 126.4.

Yup.  As my friend Jessie would say  - "I suck at life."

I knew I have gained weight and knowing the number doesn't change that one way or the other.  But the cold numbers - 7 pounds over goal?  It sucks.

I haven't had a meltdown over it, though, but combining this with my injuries I feel discouraged.

Notice I said discouraged, NOT defeated.  Because giving up is not an option today.

But when I race tomorrow and my time sucks, I reserve the right to be a whiny little bitch about it.  A FAT whiny little bitch.  Smile

So what now?  Keep on keeping on, right?  I have eaten extremely well this week and I just need to continue on the right path!

path

No comments:

Post a Comment