Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Things I love....Lipton Tea and Honey

I've decided to post occasionally about things that I love and that I feel have assisted me in this weight loss journey.  

The first item I'm going to talk about is Lipton Tea and Honey flavor sticks:


Now let me first say that I realize that some people are not going to be thrilled with me promoting these because they contain sucralose.  But as I've said here before, I think that artificial sugar has been around for a long time and that there is virtually no evidence of any long term negative effects from using artificial sugar in moderation.

For me, I drink a LOT of water, and sometimes I just get sick of drinking water all the time.  So I use 1-2 of these flavoring sticks per day (10 calories in a packet) to spice up my water.  It also works well to encourage me to drink on the days that I don't feel like drinking.

These packets come in a variety of flavors.  Personally I like the Strawberry Acai flavor and DH likes the Peach Apricot.  I also like the Mango Pineapple and Blackberry Pomegranate.  I'll warn you that in my opinion the Black Currant Raspberry takes like fried ass.  I'd stay away from it.

So anyway, I recommend these very low calorie sticks to flavor up your water.  They also trick my body into thinking that I've eaten something when I want to nibble out of boredom.  

Anyone else use and like these? 

2 comments:

  1. Nope, never tried them. But I do drink homemade iced tea and lemonade sweetened with Splenda when I get sick of water. Even the occasional diet dr. pepper or crystal lite can be a nice change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey and fat loss are frequently linked. Why is honey a smarter option than table sugar if you're watching your weight and what you consume? a lot of people might not attach eating something sweet with fat loss, however honey may be a helpful trick to assist you shed some weight. Honey is a easy sugar It is a normal sweetener, it Includes twenty two amino acids plus a variety of mineralsbut unlike white harvested sugar additionally to nutritional vitamins, minerals and nutrients.

    ReplyDelete