Saturday, November 24, 2012

The other side of the looking glass

I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying the long weekend if you're lucky enough to be getting one!

My Thanksgiving started with the 5K Turkey Trot.  It was packed there!  There were a total of 777 runners and an additional 700+ walkers!!!  I came in 148th place overall with a time of 24:12 and was the second fastest female in my age group.  So I wasn't thrilled, but wasn't disappointed either.  

As for dinner, well I did exactly what I planned - I ate whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted.  Which meant that I ate too much.  Which I was and still am totally okay with.  The scale is showing me WAY up - about 5 pounds.  It'll take a few days to know where I really stand.

Friday night I braved the crowds and went shopping.  I scored some FANTASTIC deals.  I've been wanting to get a new, expensive, high thread count sheet set since I hit goal in July and there was such a great deal going on at Kohl's that I couldn't resist.  OH WOW!  It was like sleeping on a cloud last night!

Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning and then putting up the Xmas tree.   I still have some more Xmas stuff that I need to get put up, but the tree and lights are the most time consuming, and I'm glad I got those done.

Marc added some lights to the front entryway...


Here is the tree:


And I bought a lighted garland thing during my Black Friday shopping and decorated our mantle for the first time:


I ate about 90% on track yesterday.  But I didn't exercise.  Weirdly, I'm almost proud of myself.  On my journey down the scale, a day of overeating followed by a day of no exercise would have put me into an extreme state of anxiety and overwhelming guilt.  But I'm not feeling that at all.

I believe that this weekend in maintenance is a learning experience for me.  I got a lot accomplished yesterday which I feel great about.  And I am going to do a workout video this morning and will eat on track the rest of this weekend.  And if my weight is still up a few days from now, I know that I really have to buckle down. 

I hope and believe that this is a healthy mindset.  I believe the borderline obsessive behavior on the way down might have been somewhat unhealthy, but it definitely led to success.  Now I'm learning - I hope - how to act to maintain this lifestyle change for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment